MCSA on Server 2012 R2, MCP on Hyper V
MCITP/MCTS on Windows Vista
5377 Rockmoor Dr.| Stone Mountain, GA 30088 | home 770-469-0783 | cell 770-845-7693 | Nickrbarnes@gmail.com
IT Product Professional
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT | ENTERPRISE IMPLEMENTATIONS | TECH SUPPORT
- Experienced IT product professional with 5 years of success leading all phases of diverse technology projects Experienced product strategist, assisting with design and implementation of technology products.
- Business strategist plan and manage multimillion dollar projects aligning business goals with technology solutions to drive process improvements, competitive advantage and ensuring client/business partnering success.
- Excellent communicator leverage technical, business acumen to communicate effectively with clients, executives and associated teams driving and developing KPIs.
- Diverse business skill set Able to manage/communicate diverse business needs and expectations, managing large project items and ensuring high-quality deliverables that meet or exceed timeline/budgetary targets.
- Defined processes and tools best suited to each project. Moved between agile and waterfall approaches depending on project specifics and client goals, creating detailed project road maps, plans, schedules and work breakdown structures.
- Awarded the CEO Innovation Achievement trophy for 2011 by Asurion Executive Officer Sue Nokes for stellar team achievements while successfully launching the Premier Support Solutions line of business. Participated in business model design, client product demonstrations, and managing operational teams. Returned substantial revenue profit against a forecast of cost. Also developed KPI’s as directed by business decision makers and worked with a dev team to turn these into actionable items for call logging in a CRM system that were dashboarded daily.
- Tech blogger/student after attending classes at CED for an MCSA on Server 2012 I am blogging my continued learning journey and creating technical content. My blog is available at this address: www.xafterhoursx.com (named after a scorsese film) as well as doing short term temp work for Compucom/Robert Half
- Certifications: MCTS/MCITP on Vista, MCSA on Server 2012 and MCP on Hyper V
- Platforms: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Server 2008, 2012,
- Networking: LAN / WAN Administration, VPN, TCP/IP, DHCP, CIDR/Subnetting
- Tools: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Dynamics
4/2017 CareerBuilder Client Support Specialist
- Offer top notch technical support to CareerBuilder clients and problem resolution for internal customers
- Track client issues using Salesforce
- Work with cross platform teams to resolve client issues
2/2016 -8/2016 Contracts through Robert Half Desktop Support Technician
- Inventoried approximately 2000 machines in the Sun Trust Plaza and garden buildings
- Found and returned approximately 100-200 devices that were not currently in use and processed through decom
- Imaged approximately 20 Dell AIO devices at two Home Depot locations using Windows 10 builds
- Use pxe boot utilizing both UEFI and legacy technologies
- Used extensive troubleshooting skills detailing environmental issues engaging Cisco and tier 3 in house Home Depot support
- Boots sometimes required pulling error logs via PowerShell and managing build loads via bios SCCM options
- Personally installed approximately 80 no domain joined laptop computers and configured wifi
- Installed several wireless access points for the computers
- Offered basic network connectivity and application support for approximately 200 machines
1/2016 Univar, contract through Intellapro
- Replaced 5 user workstations, going from Win XP to Win 7 on new Dell machines connected to a domain
- Migrated PST files from Outlook 1.1.1 to 1.1.3
- Installed network printers, setup a printer in a public space that had not worked in over a year due to ip configuration issue
- Ensure the migration of all user files with no on site admin
Artistic endeavors/Blogging and school work
- Working with a Google + group featuring mostly international members that is focused on helping people to study for and obtain the Server 2012 MCSA certifications. We share our studies, discoveries and get together once a week to discuss findings and discuss a weekly topic. These sessions are saved to our leaders youtube channel, if you would like to view the group or videos please find the links on my blog or simply ask and I can point you in the right direction.
- Some of this time was not terribly professionally active however I have spent this time studying computer technology and pursuing personal study goals mostly in the areas of humanities and fine arts. I also did some landscaping during this time
6/2010-7/2013 Asurion- Mobile Tech Support/Premier Support Solutions Business Analyst
- Worked with a team of 4 people reporting to the director of operations to develop and design every functional aspect of a new product for Asurion known as mobile tech support
- This team grew the product from a testing phase/survey phase, sold the product to ATT, designed systems, training, call scripts as well as everything needed to roll out this product for a 100+ seat call center taking highly technical calls centered around answering any and every question a customer might have with a cellular device
- Gave product demos to VPs from companies such as AT&T, Verizon, Bell Canada, and Directv
- Partnered with the software development team to design and implement call logging software utilizing Microsoft CRM and SQL backend.
- Participated in scrum meetings pertaining to the development of our Microsoft Dynamics products and the evolution of how our CSRs would validate customers being product owners, at first it was a very manual process using AT&T’s native software that required an FTP connection of sorts, getting appropriate network and users access proved to be complicated, we eventually integrated the IVR into a solution that would auto populate AT&T SOC codes into our CRM interface negating the CSR responsibility for owning another login and providing faster customer service to the end user.
- This often included late night software roll outs with testing that went into the morning hours ensuring that tools would be available for our agents to use the next day.
- Responsible for updating client interfacing website with new devices.
- Developed knowledge base/troubleshooting articles on everything dealing with iPhone technology
- Provided daily reporting of complete call data analysis based on data pulled from in house developed CRM solutions using SQL reports fed into an excel spreadsheet . Ensuring that every call was broken down and viewable every day in a dashboard format to leaders from the board of directors to my manager. This Information was used by leadership to make integral business decisions.
8/2007-12/2009 Juris/LexisNexis (Contract through Vaco) Lead Software Technician
- Responsible for ensuring a smooth release of Lexis Insight, a new benchmarking tool for midsize law firms built from .NET 3.0 technology and utilizing SQL database structures
- Managed the installation, setup and troubleshooting of Lexis Insight providing stellar customer service and prompt resolution for any problems that occurred with the software
- Participated in scrum meetings with .NET/SQL/HTML developers
- Updated and maintained/updated client workstations and servers on a variety of platforms including Server 2000, Server 2003 and XP
- Maintained a working client relationship with 200+ international and domestic law firms including making cold sales calls to invite clients to participate in using the Insight product
- Worked closely with development to ensure the highest possible product quality and customer satisfaction
- Functioned as assistant systems admin providing internal PC support including working with Windows Vista, XP, Server 2000, troubleshooting networking issues, as well as support for various internal applications as needed and assisted with the manual migration of 200+ machines to a new domain
6/2003-6/2006 Alliance Data Helpdesk Lead
- Awarded the Tennessee Award for leadership excellence
- Functioned as a front line supervisor for 90+ associates
- Developed a team of 12+ Helpdesk Agents, motivating, building trust and instilling confidence
- Significantly and consistently increased agent productivity and work quality, thus optimizing agent performance through the use customer service metrics as well as strong leadership skills
- Purposefully communicated client expectations and organized helpdesk efforts to ensure client satisfaction
- Coordinated a variety of internal support personnel with vendor support throughout service outage conditions, ensuring prompt resolution
- Handled a wide variety of escalated calls while providing top tier customer service to clients
- Functioned as a resource to Helpdesk Agents to assist in problem resolution
Education & Credentials
Dec 2006 Milligan College Johnson City, TN
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Emphasis in Photography
GPA 3.0, Dean’s list 2006
Sept 2008 MCITP: Desktop Support Technician CED Solutions
June 2015 MCSA: Windows Server 2012 CED Solutions
5377 Rockmoor Dr. | Stone Mountain, GA 30088 | 770-469-0783 | Nickrbarnes@gmail.com
Leave a Reply